Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Love it!

I love this idea so much!!! I think it is such a clever way to keep up with our dailies! 

Well, Nick and I just got back from the Cotton Bowl on Saturday and it was amazing! We left last Monday and went to see Laura Beth and Boothe in Durant. It was great to see them but it was not near long enough! Her new house is precious and Boothe is growing up to be such a ham! He is adorable and when I arrived he said, "I'm so glad you are here, Kiki!" It was the sweetest, most precious thing I have ever heard, especially from a 3 yr. old!
We drove over to Dallas on Wednesday. We stayed at the Hyatt and we were right in the middle of everything which I absolutely loved. Julie did, too! She got her picture made with so many big-wigs (Houston Nutt, Jevan Snead, Duece McAlister, etc. etc. etc)  and I am still jealous. :) So, we spent NYE  with some of the Ole Miss crew! I sure would have loved for you all to be there! The Lexington Brothers played and they were decent. Their songs about Ole Miss are funny! On Thursday, we went to Dick's Last Resort. EVERY Ole Miss fan in Dallas was there, so, needless to say, we had to wait for two hours! Nick gets insanely testy if he doesn't eat so I was not sure if I was going to leave there alive. He claims he can't help it!  Luckily, we got to eat and I got to live!!! Food was decent but the peanut butter pie was the best thing I have ever put in my mouth (and I am not a  Peanut butter fan) and they played Dixie 10 times or more while we were there! The atmosphere was unbelievable!
After we ate, we went right outside to see the Parade. Unfortunately, it was pretty lame! But the pep rally was amazing! Julie cried when they played slow Dixie and I got major chills to see the thousands of fans in that one spot cheering for our team! It was a very special part of the trip for me! (Probably to all of us! It is crazy that you can have so much pride in a football team but it's more than that)

On Friday, Chuck woke us up at 7am to get ready to head to the game. THERE was just NO way! So, they went ahead without Nick, Andrea and me! We got there a couple of hours later and had time to tailgate for a bit before the game. As we headed to the game, there was an Ole Miss fan handing out free drinks to Ole Miss fans only! This was pretty awesome! As you all know, the game was absolutely incredible! I don't think I have ever been to one that fun! The Texas Tech fans were ok! Although, they threw tortillas at us and one hit my leg. It didn't matter when that final score was read aloud! I can't even begin to describe the feeling in words! 

I am going to try to insert pictures later! I can't figure it out right now! But I promise they are coming! Other than that, I am back into the swing with work! Thank you for your continued prayers for me as I decide what to do with my house. Also, thank you for your prayers for our sweet Nick! He received a Christmas miracle and he is in remission! Praise God!!!! Please continue to pray for him! Melanoma is a crazy disease and he sure doesn't want to battle it again! 
Lastly, I am going back to school at Ole Miss starting at the end of this month! This is huge as I have been out of school for 4 years now! I am very eager and excited and I can't wait to see where this will lead me. 

I love you all so very much and I think of you often! Let's plan a weekend soon! Maybe McCarty sale in Early March! Any takers?

Love y'all!
Posted by: Nicci

No comments:

Post a Comment